Monday 16 March 2009

They know how to enjoy themselves...

& I'm hardly a fashion conscious person to say the least, but what is it about the Irish, the plastic paddies, and their assorted 'hangers on' who just want to get pissed, that makes them dress up like pillocks to 'celebrate' St. Patrick's Day at this time of year?



I popped along to Trafalgar Square this afternoon for a little while, as it was London celebrating Paddies Day, which is actually on Tuesday. Which is fair enough, as to do so then would clash with the BIG Ryman League Division One South match between Dulwich Hamlet & Walton Casuals, which is ADMISSION FREE for Comic Relief. Which I'm not complaining about, but I do object to the emotional blackmail that's put on you to contribute to the bucket collection at the ground. I may not want to give money to Comic Relief. And as it happens I don't. It's not as if I'm flush with spare cash anyway, but when I have got some I like to decide which charidee I support. And I prefer to give money to a single cause, rather than a general one where it's swallowed up & goes to some vague project, which may not be my preferred choice. And with home games on Thursday v. Woking in the Surrey Senior Cup, then Worthing on Saturday in another league fixture, charidee will most certainly begin at home, as I save the admission money from one of these. If we win those three I'll be laughing, which will make some Comic Relief for my pocket!

I didn't stay in the Square long. But might have done if there were more celebrating 'undressed' like this chap...



but the majority were like him...



To be honest the smell of alcohol was in the air everywhere, & it got a bit overpowering for me, which you might find hard to understand how it affects me, after almost seven years in sobriety. But it does. And weird as it may sound the 'fumes' of booze do give you a 'taste' for it! I wasn't actually tempted as such, but thought it safer to go elsewhere.

It was a bright sunny spring afternoon, with a couple of hours daylight still left, & wasn't really sure where I was off to. Just ambling really. But I ended up in Grosvenor Square, home of the American Embassy, & took a few snaps of the building, and associated statues in the vicinity, for publishing in one of my photoblogs at a later date. For my troubles I got stopped by the Old Bill, and questioned under the Prevention of Terrorism Act!

AL-QUAEDA LOOK AWAY NOW!



To be fair to them they were polite, and not at all stroppy, like some coppers can be. They were polite, & I said what they were doing was crap, but I understood they were doing their jobs. One of them actually agreed it was all bollocks really, and used that word! I told them I like taking photos around London, and that I think it's the greatest city in the world, London born & bred. He was surprised, and said most Londoners were trying to get out of the place! Hmm..bit of a generalisation there,but then he probably reads the Daily Mail in his tea breaks.
After that I went home, had a sexy young man waiting at my door....
And now I'm blogging before I go to bed, no need to have a wank before I turn the light off tonight! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment