Wednesday 20 May 2009

Wednesday shopping!

Day off today! I don't work Wednesdays in my job, as I'm sure those of you who know me realise.

I indulged in one of little 'pikey' hobbies...all above board & legal, I hasten to add!

While I had a large bag of dirty clothes going round in the local laundrette I picked up my pre-ordered prescription from the chemist. Then had a nose in one of the local 'charidee' shops & picked up four more videos at ten bob each. A veritable bargain. Though once you see my choices you'll see why they're so cheap. Very 'hit & miss' I know, but when it's only fifty pence at stake it's a darn sight easier to give something a go & take a gamble, knowing it might be a complete & utter shite!

The Thin Red Line A Second World War film, that looks half decent, set in the Pacific. The actors in it, among others, include Sean Penn & George Clooney. One to save for a rainy day, as it last for two & three quarter hours.


Short Cuts is an unusual film, in that it's not an action one. It appears to be a, sort of, series of short films, interwoven into one, about 22 people in Los Angeles. the video was released on the arty-farty Artificial Eye label, which issues non-mainstream type films. Another lengthy one, lasting three hours!

Les Patterson Saves The World. He might well do...but I don't think he'll do much for the film industry! I'm not expecting this to be much cop at all, but it 'stars' both Sir Les Patterson & Dame Edna Everage. And I enjoy watching 'both' of them, so I thought I'd give this one a whirl.

Commando Leopard Described as 'action trash' in one review, so I dread to think how awful this one is. The only reason it caught my eye was because it had Lewis Collins in it. Not that he's a great actor, or anything. No, it's just that I watched every week as I grew up on 'The Professionals', & I did have a bit of a crush on his character Bodie in my early teens! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Short Cuts is great. Kinda reminded me of Happiness. Whish isn't happy but is very very good. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete