Saturday 23 May 2009

Are they connected?

I was over in north London yesterday. I went to the Emirates with a couple of colleagues from work to watch Arsenal take on Liverpool in the first leg of the FA Youth Cup Final.




Great value at a fiver, & a cracking game, 4-1 to the young Gooners. But I'm not posting to tell you that.

It was my 'half day', working til two, which happens every other Friday when it's my Saturday on. Rather than go home, then leave not long after, I walked around the Islington area for a while. Specifically visiting the local Islington Museum as I hadn't been there before.



I'm going to tell you about that either. Except to say it's worth a visit if you like local municipal museums, and that it's on the lower ground floor, below Finsbury Library.

It's the library that I do want to mention. now I'm a bit of a hoarder, when I'm in somewhere like a library outside my local area I always leave with a few free leaflets that I might find interesting. And this one was no different. Free local paper & some of historical walks around Islington, produced by the neighbourhood amenity group. Which are interesting in itself, but still not what I want to tell you about!

Nope, what I really want to share with you was two leaflets that were side by side to each other, in a somewhat unfortunate 'product placement' type way, that perhaps tells you more about the way my mind works...

The first was offering the services of London Friend.

The second was for the South Islington Stroke Club! Which wasn't the sort of 'stroke club' I'd associate with people who might need the services of the first leaflet!

No comments:

Post a Comment