Friday 3 April 2009

I'm in bits...

I got home from work tonight, a little tired. Got a bite to eat, and slumped down in the armchair to complete the report & photos from last weeks Supporters' Team game against the Frenchies from Le Bromlei for the team blogsite I do.
After that I planned to do a post on here about Madonna & her failed attempt to buy a sister for her bought for son.

And then I got a text from a mate of mine...

Our good friend Belgian Anorak had contacted him.
B.A. had been trying with his partner, at great expense for them to try to conceive a child through IVF treatment. Many attempts & no success. Then only last Friday I got a wonderful text that they had ben successful & Rocky was pregnant! It put a smile on my face & had a wonderous 'inner warmth' for the rest of the day! They are wonderful people & I was so pleased for them...

But today something has gone wrong, & she is in hospital, their dream is gone, as the pregnancy is over.
I texted my mate back in shock.
Then sent a feeble attempt at a supportive one over the Channel to my friend. What words can you say?
How can I express, or try to comprehend, such sadness? I was in tears as I sent them, real big fuck sobs, more emotional than I thought I could be, & I'm welling up again now as I type this.

Really decent people who would love to be able to have a child.
A gift that Madonna has.
But she is too rich & lazy, to go through the natural cycle of childbirth, instead choosing to buy herself a family, ready made, to hang on her arm like trophies.
She truly makes me sick!

I want to post more & rationally explain with what I think about Madonna.
But right now I can't.
I am sick with sorrow for my Belgian friends.

It's just as well I have no money, or i would be on my way over there now to offer them support. Which is stupid, if you think about it. They have teir families & lots of close friends to support them & certainly don't need me. But that shows how much I care about them . I'm hurting inside at the moment, but not half as much as them, multiply how upset I am by a million & you might get a little bit closer.

Somehow I don't think I'll be sleeping peacefully tonight.
My thoughts are with them.

2 comments:

  1. Are you friends with my cousin Roland? Because he and his wife just lost their baby (at 6 months). Sometimes life just sucks and blows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It annoys me when there are so many unfit parents out there that decent people aren't lucky enough to have children.
    No doubt some misguided fools will be praying for them to have children...& if it happens then it's 'a miracle' & they're 'blessed from the lord'. but when shit like this happens the bible bashers wash their hands & say 'it's just the lords way...' & other unexplainable crap like that. And people might wonder why I have no time for religions...

    ReplyDelete