Monday 29 June 2009

I don't want to jinx things

But I've managed to log on ok this evening. And yesterday too. Two days on the spin. Which on current form is a fucking miracle! My internet connection has been playing up for a few weeks now, part of the reason for my lack of posts on here.

I use mobile broadband with Three, & i've been with them for about eighteen months now, since I bought my laptop through the gift vouchers I got a work in 'recognition' for my twenty years service to the local authority I work for.

I'd not really had any problems. Sure it cut out sometimes, or didn't always log on immediately, but for just over fifteen quid a month I wasn't too fussed with these blips.

But then I couldn't get any connections at all. So I rang the customer number. The first call I made from work, as they were free to Three phone customers, but my mobile is with 02. Fat lot of good that was, as I needed my laptop in front of me apparently. So I ended up, over a number of calls spending just under a score on my mobile. All to speak to some smarmy git in an Indian call centre! It was clear, through their transparent politeness they they didn't give a shit.

I'm loathe to change over to another company, I'm old fashioned like that, if i buy something & like it i stick with it. But I came very close to stopping my monthly payment from my bank & signing up with someone else.

The stupidness, some might say madness, going through my mind is that it's all my fault. That my life is so shit it serves me right for doing something that I enjoy, & gives me confidence and self worth. Which blogging does, none more so than my photoblog of football grounds, which is actually looked at by people from all over Europe!



I'm just glad it's up and running at the moment, there's plenty I want to say on this blog, but it's been a long, hot day. So I'll chat again tomorrow, hopefully, if I can get online ok.



At the weekend my mate Cookie got hold of a pair of the free tickets for the all ticketed 30,000 limit Armed Services Day at the old Chatham Dockyard. I'll tell you about that, probably. In the meantime I'm going to publish a load of photos of him below. For no other reason than he asked me to, and he has friends in America, & this is the only way they can see them. He did me the favour by sorting the tickets, so this is my way of paying him back.

4 comments:

  1. Simon Matthews30 June 2009 at 08:28

    Fifteen pounds a months sounds like an extortionate amount to pay for a mobile broadband package. What is the length of your contract, and what speeds are you hitting, both up and down stream?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wroking ok again now, has done for a few days....hopefully it's sorted. £15 seemed alright to me, certainly a lot cheaper than the £1 an hour I was paying in my cheapest local internet cafe, so I can't really complain. And £15 is affordable to me, even with my limited spare cash flow. Length of ocntract? no idea? I doubt if i could cancel it before 12 or 24 months, but i've had it for 18 months now. besides if i did I would have thought I would be in the right, as they are breaching their contract. As for speeds up or downstream, whatever that is...now you are confusing me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simon Matthews1 July 2009 at 22:18

    Just simply perform a speed test, then post up the results. If you're being hit with anything <2megs downstream, then it's probably best to look for a new ISP. What's your allowed monthly data usage? £15 is one hell of a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A 2megs what? Dear oh dear! I'm afraid you may as well be speaking Russian!

    ReplyDelete